The weather is trying to cool down as we start into the last few months of 2015. We have been busy offering great programs and planning the holiday mixer in early December.
On the legislative front, the following CEQA bills were passed:
- AB 323 (Olsen) – this bill extended an existing CEQA exemption to January 1, 2020 for minor repairs, maintenance or alterations to existing roadways in cities or counties with a population of less than 100,000 persons.
- SB 348 (Galgiani) – this bill provides a new CEQA exemption for railroad grade separation projects that eliminate existing at-grade crossings or that reconstruct existing grade separations.
In addition to these efforts, your AEP Legislative Committee has been working with OPR staff on the proposed CEQA Guidelines Update. Comments from the AEP Legislative Committee can be found at: http://califaep.org/images/public_policy/AEP-Comments-re-CEQA-Guidelines-FINAL-101215.pdf.
Mark your calendar for these up-coming programs and events (see our website at: http://superior.califaep.org/):
- CEQA Legislative Update Luncheon Presentation– October 22nd at the Blue Prynt Restaurant
- CEQA Essentials Workshop – November 5th
- Holiday Mixer – Early December
Hope to see you at a program soon and feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.
Superior California Chapter-President